78°F

Janesville House Fire Started By Wood Burning Stove

JANESVILLE - A wood burning stove is to blame for a house fire.

JANESVILLE - A wood burning stove is to blame for a house fire.

It happened Thursday at 112 Surrey Lane.  When firefighters arrived on scene they were greeted by heavy smoke and flames shooting out the roof.  Utilities were shut off to the home to prevent further damage.

The homeowners and their friends were able to get out.  However, one of the owners, Jessica Storms, was taken to St. Mary's Hospital after she complained about trouble breathing and chest tightness.

The home suffered an estimated $75,000 in damage.  The homeowners are staying with family until an inspection determines it's safe to turn the utilities back on.

Page: [[$index + 1]]
comments powered by Disqus

Contact Our News Room

TELEPHONE
1-815-963-2773

FAX
1-815-963-0029

ADDRESS
1917 N. Meridian Rd.
Rockford, IL 61101

E-MAIL
News Desk 

Click here for more about WQRF and WTVO.

New-Mom-Blog.jpg