33°F

Harlem Fire Department Reports Roscoe Home Fully Engulfed in Flames

ROSCOE - Firefighters say a family was inside the home but got out safely.
 (Harlem-Roscoe Fire Photographer Sheryl Drost )
(Harlem-Roscoe Fire Photographer Sheryl Drost )
UPDATE: The Harlem Fire Department reports a garage attached to the home and two vehicles in the driveway were fully engulfed in flames. Firefighters were able to contain the fire to that portion of the home.

Harlem-Roscoe Fire Chief Don Shoevlin said, "The firefighters made an aggressive attack on the fire and were able to contain most the fire damage to the garage and vehicles."

Smoke detectors had alerted the family and they were safely outside when units arrived. The fire is believed to be caused by a portable heater in the garage.

ROSCOE - The Harlem Fire Department is reporting a Roscoe home fully engulfed in flames at 12091 Whispering Winds Drive, just off of Elevator Road.

Firefighters say a family was inside the home, but got out safely.

We have a camera crew on scene and will bring you updates online and on WTVO and WQRF as it becomes available.

Page: [[$index + 1]]
comments powered by Disqus

Contact Our News Room

TELEPHONE
1-815-963-2773

FAX
1-815-963-0029

ADDRESS
1917 N. Meridian Rd.
Rockford, IL 61101

E-MAIL
News Desk 

Click here for more about WQRF and WTVO.

New-Mom-Blog.jpg