HANOVER - Better roads and new jobs are on tap for the Stateline.
Gov. Pat Quinn (D) announced $6.6 million for construction projects in several Stateline counties. It's all part of the Illinois Jobs Now! capital construction program.
"These projects will make transportation safer and more efficient" says Quinn. "The projects will also employ a number of construction workers, which will help the local economy."
Below is a list of locations where the improvements are taking place:
- Boone Co.: a bridge carrying Orth Road over Beaver Creek north of Belvidere.
- Carroll, Lee, and Stephenson Counties: Concrete sealer will be applied to bridge decks at various locations.
- Jo Daviess Co.: Replacement of the bridge on Route 84 over Apple River in Hanover.
- Lee Co.: Replacement of a pipe culvert under Trailer Park Frontage Road on the south side of Illinois Route 2.
- Stephenson Co.: The shoulders along U.S. 20 will be milled and resurfaced.
- Winnebago Co.: I-39 southbound under the Perryville Rd. overpass in Cherry Valley will receive pavement patching. Alpine Rd. in Rockford will receive milling and resurfacing from Harrison Ave. to American Road.