1. Belvidere North at Boylan (week 8). North had Boylan on the ropes in week eight last season. And the Blue Thunder played the Titans tough in the first round of the playoffs. This North team is better than that North team. Let's see if it's good enough to end the Titans' reign over the NIC-10.
2. Stillman Valley at Lutheran (week 8). These two teams will be outstanding, and they both could be undefeated going into this game. Stillman is a reigning State Champion. The Crusaders aspire to be State Champions.
3. Forreston at Lena-Winslow (week 6). Forreston could finally be the best team in a powerful NUIC Conference this year. The Cardinals are loaded, but the Panthers are defending State Champions, and they have talent, size and big-game experience. This one will be fun with a capital F-U-N.
4. Auburn at Boylan (week 1). What a way to start the season, Dan Appino returning to Boylan! The Knights could be ready to take that next step up and contend for a conference championship, but the Titans and Demry Croft will be ready.
5. Auburn at Guilford (week 7). This should be the battle for bragging rights among the Rockford Public Schools. I'll be surprised if both of these teams aren't in the playoffs in late October. Christian Lopez and Nino Musso dueling at quarterback and surrounded by other athletic, skilled players, and big linemen. This one could be as good as last year's game that Guilford won on a blocked extra point attempt as time expired.