1. Boylan: The Titans will stay number one until someone beats them. They haven't lost a conference game in eight years. With Demry Croft, one of the top dual-threat quarterbacks in the nation, returning the Titans will be strong again.
2. Auburn: The Knights return six starters on both sides of the football including their own dual-threat quarterback in Christian Lopez. They also have experienced linemen to go with him, and a strong man in the middle of their defense in Alfonso Lambert.
3. Guilford: The Vikings return Nino Musso at quarterback and a mammoth offensive line.
4. Belvidere North: Jace Bankord is back and reloaded at quarterback after a record-setting junior year that ended in the playoffs.
5. Hononegah: The Indians only have two starters back on both sides of the ball, but based on sheer numbers they should be solid again.
Next in line: Harlem