Hazmat Crew Responds to Ammonia Leak at Fairbanks Morse

Published 11/23 2013 10:36PM

Updated 11/24 2013 05:58PM

BELOIT- The Janesville Fire Department, Beloit Fire Department, and Rock County Hazmat Team responded to an ammonia leak at Fairbanks Morse at 7011 White Avenue Beloit, Wisconsin.

An employee reports an ammonia alarm activated near an ammonia cylinder. Beloit Fire arrived at the scene and evacuated the building.

Hazmat technicians found a leak in a hose that directed ammonia into a piece of production equipment. Technicians located a tank attached to the piece of production equipment and quickly shut it off to stop the leak.

The scene was cleared and turned over to Fairbanks Morse staff, and the Hazmat team returned to Janesville.

According to Janesville Fire Department fifteen pounds of compressed gas was released.

Copyright 2015 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

Featured Coupon