WTVO/WQRF - What was once festive Christmas trees is now pine mulch and it's available to anyone who wants it.
Keep Northern Illinois Beautiful is offering free pine mulch at 13 sites throughout Winnebago County. The mulch comes from Christmas trees that were dropped off during KNIB's collection drive last month.
It's first come, first serve. Organizers expect the mulch to be completely gone by March.
Below is the list of sites where you can find the mulch:
- Cherry Valley: Baumann Park, entrance on South Walnut
- Loves Park: Martin Park, lot on Park Ridge Rd. off Riverside Blvd.
- Machesney Park: Behind Village Hall, 300 Machesney Rd.
- Pecatonica: Pecatonica Wetlands Forest Preserve, near picnic area, 4550 N. Pecatonica Rd.
- Rockford: Alpine Park, Andrews Park, Blackhawk Park, Don Schmid Youth Sports Center, Riverdahl Park, Gambino Park, Levings Lake
- Rockton: 4661 Yale Bridge Rd.
- Roscoe: Valley View Farms
Britain's terror threat level has been reduced to "severe" from…
Iraqi forces have taken another step toward wresting Mosul from ISIS.
A woman escapes from her home when armed invaders enter and fire a shot.