UPDATE (5/22/14): A visitation is being held for Logterman at the Delahanty Funeral Home in Loves Park. A funeral service will be held Friday at 10:30am at Northeast Christian Church.
UPDATE (3:34pm): The Winnebago County Coroner's Office identifies 57 year-old David Logterman as the truck driver killed in Tuesday morning accident. An autopsy shows he died of chest injuries. Police have charged 46 year-old George White with aggravated DUI, leaving the scene of a traffic crash involving death, and aggravated driving after revocation.
UPDATE (2:39pm): The intersection has been reopened to traffic.
UPDATE (12:04pm): The crash happened just before 5am at N. 2nd St. and Y Blvd. Police say the driver of a white Chevy Impala was traveling northbound on Longwood. The driver tried merging onto N. 2nd Street, but lost control of the car. He drove over two medians, hit a guard rail, and went airborne. He landed on top of a red Chevy S10 Pickup truck that was traveling south on N. 2nd St.
The pickup driver died at the scene. The Impala's driver tried to run away, but was caught shortly after taking off. Police haven't identified the suspect or the victim.
So far, no formal charges have been filed against the driver.UPDATE (8:54am): Rockford Police say the incident is a hit and run. The driver of the white Chevy Impala took off on foot after the crash. Investigators say they do have one suspect in custody. However, they declined to say if that person is the Impala's driver.
ROCKFORD (WTVO) -- One person is dead after a car traveling northbound on 2nd Street lost control, flipped over the median wall, and struck a vehicle heading southbound.
Both directions of 2nd Street remain closed while police investigate the accident that happened just before 5 AM.
The crash is still under investigation and here is the list of closures in the area:
· Closed at N. 2nd and Y Blvd. Traffic flows to Madison, then South.
· Closed at N. 3rd at Hill St. Traffic will flow West onto the Whitman interchange to Main, Main north to Harlem.
· Closed at Whitman to N. 2nd. Traffic will flow around to 6th Street and can cross back over to Longwood to travel north.
Maybe Mexico's "contingency plan" for President Trump is working out…
It's 60 degrees at 8 a.m., and it already feels too hot for jeans.…
The crowd at the annual Conservative Political Action Conference in…
- Copyright 2017 Cable News Network/Turner Broadcasting System, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
- Copyright 2017 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.