Woman Injured in High-Rise Apartment Fire

Officials say the blaze started in the kitchen

ROCKFORD - A woman is recovering from minor burns after a kitchen fire in her high-rise apartment.

It happened at Valkommen Plaza apartments on 7th Street at around 5 p.m. Sunday. Fire officials say a small kitchen fire started inside an apartment on the 9th floor. A sprinkler system was able to put it out, but caused some water damage.

A woman inside the apartment was treated for burns on her hands, but is expected to be okay.


More Stories

Don't Miss

Trending Stories

Latest News

Video Center