WQRF-TV and WTVO-TV in Rockford, IL are looking for individuals to immediately join our team as Account Executives. The position provides complete on the job training with opportunities for advancement.
Brief description of duties & responsibilities:
1. Implements strategies to consistently grow revenue and exceed revenue goals.
2. Establishes credible relationships with local business community.
3. Makes sales calls on existing and prospective clients.
4. Maintains assigned accounts and develops new accounts.
5. Prepares and delivers sales presentations to clients.
6. Explains to customers how specific types of advertising will help promote their products or services in the most effective way possible.
7. Provides clients with information regarding rates for advertising placement in all media.
8. Develops advertising schedules with clients and station personnel responsible for placing advertising into station media.
9. Works with clients and station personnel to develop advertisements.
10. Performs other duties as assigned.
Work experience and education required for position:
1. Valid driver’s license with an acceptable driving record.
2. Experience achieving long-range objectives and implementing the strategies and actions to achieve them.
3. Proficiency with computers, telephones, copiers, scanners, fax machines and other office equipment.
4. The Account Executive must be able to sit, conduct telephone conversations, use electronic mail, write letters and memos, conduct face-to-face discussions with individuals or groups, make decisions without supervision, make decisions that impact the results of co-workers, work in close proximity to others, work outdoors in all weather conditions, and work indoors in environmentally controlled conditions.
Special Skills Required:
1. Fluency in English.
2. Excellent communication skills, both oral and written.
Interested candidates should post their resume & cover letter when applying at our corporate website:
Nexstar Broadcasting is an equal opportunity employer