85°F

Cause of House Fire Believed To Be A Malfunctioning Appliance

ROCKFORD - A home catches fire leaving a family of five homeless and an appliance may be to blame.

UPDATE (1/3/14): The Northwest Fire Protection District believes a malfunctioning appliance is to blame for the fire.  However, the cause of the blaze remains under investigation.  The home suffered an estimated $75,000 in damage.  A donation drive has been set up at Park Hill Lanes in Loves Park.

ROCKFORD - A local family is out of a home after an early morning fire.

It happened just after midnight at 3018 Vinton AVenue.  Around a dozen fire departments were called to battle the blaze.  At first, they thought they put out the fire.  But, were called back to the scene after it rekindled.

The family of five escaped the home and is being assisted by the American Red Cross.  The cause of the fire is still under investigation.

Page: [[$index + 1]]
comments powered by Disqus