WQRF-TV and WTVO-TV in Rockford, IL are seeking a Director of Sales (General Sales Manager) to lead our sales managers and account executives in the day to day operations of the Sales Department.
Brief description of duties & responsibilities:
• Provides leadership for the broadcast/web sales teams.
• Makes decisions regarding hiring, evaluation, promotion and termination of employees.
• Develops and executes sales strategies which result in exceeding revenue targets in local, national, eMedia and new product revenue.
• Drives new business development.
• Manages inventory and revenue forecasting.
• Manages recruitment and development of talented sales professionals.
• Prepares budgets and approves budget expenditures.
• Resolves customer complaints regarding sales and service.
• Plans and directs staffing, training, and performance evaluations to develop and control sales and service programs.
• Determines inventory, pricing and discount rates.
• Creates and reviews operational records and reports to project sales and determine profitability.
• Directs the Accounts Receivable efforts of the Sales Department.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
Work experience and education required for position:
• Bachelor's degree in Marketing, Advertising or Mass Communications, or a related field, or an equivalent combination of education and work related experience.
• Fluency in English.
• Excellent communication skills, both oral and written.
• Minimum five years' experience in media sales.
• Valid driver's license with an acceptable driving record.
• Experience guiding, directing and motivating subordinates, including setting performance standards and monitoring performance.
• Experience establishing long-range objectives and specifying the strategies and actions to achieve them.
• Ability to identify the developmental needs of others and to coach, mentor or otherwise help others to improve their knowledge or skills.
• Proficiency with computers, telephones, copiers, scanners, fax machines and other office equipment.
Interested candidates should post their resume and cover letter at our corporate website:
Nexstar Broadcasting is an equal opportunity employer.