WQRF-TV in Rockford, IL is looking for our next FOX Sales Manager to lead our Account Executives in the day to day operations of the Sales department. Previous FOX television experience is an advantage.
Brief description of duties & responsibilities:
1. Provides leadership for the broadcast/web sales teams, to include performance evaluations.
2. Makes decisions regarding hiring, evaluation, promotion and termination of employees.
3. Develops and executes sales strategies which result in exceeding revenue targets in local, national, eMedia and new product revenue.
4. Drives new business development.
5. Manages inventory and revenue forecasting.
6. Manages recruitment and development of talented sales professionals.
7. Prepares budgets and approves budget expenditures.
8. Manages Accounts Receivable.
9. Calls on accounts with Account Executives.
10. Performs other duties as assigned.
Work experience and education required for position:
- Fluency in English.
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written.
- Prior experience in sales, preferably in the media field.
- Valid driver’s license with an acceptable driving record.
- Experience guiding, directing and motivating subordinates, including setting performance standards and monitoring performance.
- Experience establishing long-range objectives and specifying the strategies and actions to achieve them.
- Ability to identify the developmental needs of others and to coach, mentor or otherwise help others to improve their knowledge or skills.
- Proficiency with computers, telephones, copiers, scanners and other office equipment.
Interested candidates should post their resume and cover letter at our corporate website:
Nexstar Broadcasting is an equal opportunity employer