Nicor Offers Life-Saving Tips As Residents Try To Keep Warm

Nicor Offers Life-Saving Tips As Residents Try To Keep Warm

WTVO/WQRF - With many residents kicking their home heaters into high gear as sub-freezing temperatures grip the Stateline, Nicor offers a few tips to make sure you don't become a statistic.

WTVO/WQRF - With many residents kicking their home heaters into high gear as sub-freezing temperatures grip the Stateline, Nicor offers a few tips to make sure you don't become a statistic.

Nicor is warning people about carbon monoxide poisoning.  Symptoms of which include headache, dizziness, fatigue, nausea, and vomiting.  It can happen very easily and many residents may not know until it's too late.

Here's a few tips from Nicor that could save your life:

  • Have natural gas appliances annually inspected
  • Don't use gas appliances like stoves or ovens to help heat your home
  • If you smell an odor similar to rotten eggs, evacuate immediately, the smell can be a natural gas leak
  • Have a functioning carbon monoxide detector
  • Use your hands or a broom to remove snow and ice from your natural gas meter
Page: [[$index + 1]]
comments powered by Disqus