WTVO/WQRF - The Bears were already looking ahead to the 2019 season moments after they were eliminated from the playoffs by the Eagles. Here are some reasons why 2019 could be better than the 2018 season and some reasons why it could fall short of 2018.
Reasons why the Bears could be better in 2019:
1) Mitch Trubisky will have an added year of NFL experience under his belt and he'll have a full season of experience working in Matt Nagy's system.
2) Matt Nagy will be a better play-caller and have a better feel for his team in his second year in Chicago.
3) The Bears have an excellent general manager in Ryan Pace. Sure he's made some mistakes, but he's the guy who has built this team into what it is today. He's also the guy who hired Matt Nagy, and Pace has a knack for finding talented players in the mid and late rounds of the draft.
4) The loss to the Eagles will leave the Bears driven/motivated with hunger to be back on top of the division and back in the playoffs next season.
5) The Bears will have a new/improved kicker.
Reasons why the Bears might not be better in 2019:
1) They could lose defensive coordinator Vic Fangio. He was already interviewing for head coaching jobs on Monday.
2) They will have a very difficult regular season schedule which includes games against the Saints, Chiefs, Chargers, Rams, Eagles and Cowboys.
3) They don't have a first round draft pick. That was traded away in the Khalil Mack trade. They also don't have a second round draft pick. That was traded during the draft last April to move up to select receiver Anthony Miller.
4) Odds are the Bears won't be as healthy as they were in 2018. Sure they lost some guys for a few games here and there and Kyle Long was out for a significant stretch, and the Bears certainly missed Trey Burton and Eddie Jackson against the Eagles, but compared to all other NFL teams the Bears were extremely healthy. It's hard to repeat that good fortune in a violent sport.
The Bears will have one very long road trip next season. The NFL on…
Chicago Bears quarterback Mitchell Trubisky has been named to the…