DIXON, Ill. (WTVO) — The Dixon Police Department has one of their officers back safe and sound.
Officer Ryan West is also in the Army National Guard.
The Patrolman spent the last 10 months deployed to Iraq, in support of operation inherent resolve.
Sergeant First Class West has been with the 20th Special Forces group for over 13 years.
After serving our country, he joined the Dixon Police in 2016.
Even then the department had some fun with West, tweeting out a picture saying he had completed his field training, but he didn’t get to drive a real car yet.
Welcome home Officer West.
- Patchy Freezing Drizzle and Light Flurries Possible Early Tuesday
- Rockford coaches have respect, admiration for Kobe Bryant
- Illinois to spend $4.1 million to halt opioid deaths
- Harlem School District residents could get property tax relief thanks to state grant
- Rick Ciganek sworn in as Winnebago County’s Chief Deputy