DURAND, Ill. (WTVO) — The Durand Police Department will host ‘Coffee with a Cop’ tomorrow morning, Oct. 2nd.
Durand State Bank will host it from nine to ten.
It’s an event that’s held nation wide every year.
The town’s police chief brought the event to Durand a little over two years ago when he was appointed to the position.
“Is to not only hear their concerns of whatever is affecting their quality of life, but more importantly… events like ‘Coffee with a Cop’ are more that informal setting where you can just talk about everything,” said Chief of Police, Durand, Jeff Schelling. “It’s an open book, open conversation, and really for me it’s very important for them to get to know me as a person.”
‘Coffee with a Cop’ started in California in 2011.
- Stateline’s furry residents are able to take pictures with Santa
- Rockford organizations, helping those in need, receive a financial boost from D.C.
- Krispy Kreme introduces ‘Easy as Pie’ doughnuts for Thanksgiving
- USPS launches site to adopt Santa’s letters and provide gifts for needy kids
- Light Wintry Mix Possible Overnight Monday, into Tuesday Morning