DURAND, Ill. (WTVO) — The Durand Police Department will host ‘Coffee with a Cop’ tomorrow morning, Oct. 2nd.
Durand State Bank will host it from nine to ten.
It’s an event that’s held nation wide every year.
The town’s police chief brought the event to Durand a little over two years ago when he was appointed to the position.
“Is to not only hear their concerns of whatever is affecting their quality of life, but more importantly… events like ‘Coffee with a Cop’ are more that informal setting where you can just talk about everything,” said Chief of Police, Durand, Jeff Schelling. “It’s an open book, open conversation, and really for me it’s very important for them to get to know me as a person.”
‘Coffee with a Cop’ started in California in 2011.
- Anchor Whitney Martin returns to Rockford, joins Eyewitness News team
- Dementia care workers accused of running fight club in living facility
- Family seeks answers after police kill Texas woman at home
- Teens arrested after log goes off cliff, kills photographer while taking senior pictures
- 10-year-old dies after being flung from festival ride