DURAND, Ill. (WTVO) — The Durand Police Department will host ‘Coffee with a Cop’ tomorrow morning, Oct. 2nd.
Durand State Bank will host it from nine to ten.
It’s an event that’s held nation wide every year.
The town’s police chief brought the event to Durand a little over two years ago when he was appointed to the position.
“Is to not only hear their concerns of whatever is affecting their quality of life, but more importantly… events like ‘Coffee with a Cop’ are more that informal setting where you can just talk about everything,” said Chief of Police, Durand, Jeff Schelling. “It’s an open book, open conversation, and really for me it’s very important for them to get to know me as a person.”
‘Coffee with a Cop’ started in California in 2011.
- Washington man stuck in woods for 3 days saved by his dog
- Sisters separated by orphanages, foster homes are reunited after 46 years
- Second stimulus checks: Why another $1,200 payment could be off the table
- Illinois surpasses 200k cases of COVID-19, 24 additional deaths announced on Thursday
- Welsh Elementary Golden Apple winner says award is helping her become a better teacher