BELVIDERE, Ill. (WTVO) — Belvidere firefighters faced off against the Belivdere Police Officers and Boone County Sheriff’s Deputies for the Battle of the Badges softball game, on Saturday.
The game and officials helped raise money for the Belvidere Performing Arts Booster Club.
We are the Belvidere High School Bucs, but it’s not just us, this community is entrenched with tradition, entrenched with greatness it’s just awesome to get them all together,” said Dan Foster, Director of Bands at Belvidere High School. “And I think this is what this is about, I want my students have the experience to help support and honor the first responders who are helpful to us.”
Belvidere’s Police Chief, Shane Woody, says helping the community is the reason first responders do what they do.
“Community is everything, that’s why we do this. That’s why we’re police officers and firefighters because we want to come out and help the community and this is just another way to do that,” Woody said.
After a tough seven inning battle, the police edge out the fire department 22 to 20.
This is the third year for the event, and the third year the police have won.
- Live Trump Impeachment Hearings & Analysis: Jennifer Williams, Alexander Vindman 1st to testify Tuesday
- NIU Huskies knock off Longwood
- Fighting Illini too much for Hawaii
- IceHogs defenseman Gilbert suspended
- Village of Poplar Grove proposes neighborhood park to Belvidere Park District