BELVIDERE, Ill. (WTVO) — Belvidere firefighters faced off against the Belivdere Police Officers and Boone County Sheriff’s Deputies for the Battle of the Badges softball game, on Saturday.
The game and officials helped raise money for the Belvidere Performing Arts Booster Club.
We are the Belvidere High School Bucs, but it’s not just us, this community is entrenched with tradition, entrenched with greatness it’s just awesome to get them all together,” said Dan Foster, Director of Bands at Belvidere High School. “And I think this is what this is about, I want my students have the experience to help support and honor the first responders who are helpful to us.”
Belvidere’s Police Chief, Shane Woody, says helping the community is the reason first responders do what they do.
“Community is everything, that’s why we do this. That’s why we’re police officers and firefighters because we want to come out and help the community and this is just another way to do that,” Woody said.
After a tough seven inning battle, the police edge out the fire department 22 to 20.
This is the third year for the event, and the third year the police have won.
- Former Crusader James Robinson helps ISU to victory over Northern Arizona, their third straight win
- Pineiro questionable for Bears MNF game
- Chicago reassigns 12 to Rockford
- 25 years later, a new generation gets immersed in ‘Friends’
- Holy anniversary! Displays of bat signal fete Batman at 80