(WTVO) — Last month residents may have noticed some scruffy police officers patrolling Stateline streets.
It was to raise awareness for the national campaign, ‘No Shave November.’
The results are in for total money raised for men’s cancer prevention, education and research.
Several local police departments participated this year.
The three departments that raised the most money are Rockford, Dekalb and Rockton.
Total donations topped $4,900.
Some of the donations will be going to the Patricia D. Pepe Center for Cancer Care at St. Anthony Medical Center.
St. Jude’s Children’s Research Hospital, and The Prevent Cancer Foundation.
- Science kits allow kids to experiment from home
- No WiFi at home? One Virginia school district has a creative solution for students
- Which face masks are most effective?
- Independent consultant to review evidence in Wisconsin police shooting of Jacob Blake
- Rockford Park District explains changes in new proposal