(WTVO) — Last month residents may have noticed some scruffy police officers patrolling Stateline streets.
It was to raise awareness for the national campaign, ‘No Shave November.’
The results are in for total money raised for men’s cancer prevention, education and research.
Several local police departments participated this year.
The three departments that raised the most money are Rockford, Dekalb and Rockton.
Total donations topped $4,900.
Some of the donations will be going to the Patricia D. Pepe Center for Cancer Care at St. Anthony Medical Center.
St. Jude’s Children’s Research Hospital, and The Prevent Cancer Foundation.
- ACLU defends Pritzker’s move to prioritize prisoner vaccinations
- Legendary quarterbacks to be center-stage for NFC Championship game
- Lester agrees to deal with Nationals
- Restaurants welcome back employees with return of indoor dining in Rockford region
- President Trump’s final hours in office expected to be non-traditional