(WTVO) — Last month residents may have noticed some scruffy police officers patrolling Stateline streets.
It was to raise awareness for the national campaign, ‘No Shave November.’
The results are in for total money raised for men’s cancer prevention, education and research.
Several local police departments participated this year.
The three departments that raised the most money are Rockford, Dekalb and Rockton.
Total donations topped $4,900.
Some of the donations will be going to the Patricia D. Pepe Center for Cancer Care at St. Anthony Medical Center.
St. Jude’s Children’s Research Hospital, and The Prevent Cancer Foundation.
- Higher Probability for Above Average Temperatures During the Month of April
- How local jails are protecting staff and inmates
- Belvidere crash sends two people to hospital with non-life-threatening injuries
- Illinois Bank and Trust suspending fees on credit cards, loan payments
- 90 year-old woman with coronavirus dies after telling doctors to save ventilator for younger patients