(WTVO) — Last month residents may have noticed some scruffy police officers patrolling Stateline streets.
It was to raise awareness for the national campaign, ‘No Shave November.’
The results are in for total money raised for men’s cancer prevention, education and research.
Several local police departments participated this year.
The three departments that raised the most money are Rockford, Dekalb and Rockton.
Total donations topped $4,900.
Some of the donations will be going to the Patricia D. Pepe Center for Cancer Care at St. Anthony Medical Center.
St. Jude’s Children’s Research Hospital, and The Prevent Cancer Foundation.
- 9 people shot in San Francisco’s Mission District during ‘targeted’ incident, police say
- New Yorkers say these are the biggest tourist traps to avoid in NYC
- Chemotherapy shortages push cancer centers toward crisis
- Clouds increase Saturday ahead of light rain Saturday night
- Rockford Rivets make it two in a row over the Fond du Lac Dock Spiders
For more local news, download the MyStateline app (iOS) or (Android).
Follow us on Facebook, Twitter, YouTube and Instagram!