(WTVO) — Local golfers were able to hit the fairway for the first time in months on a windy yet sunshine-filled Sunday.
“Normally I golf two to three times a week, hopefully, this year I can get out the same. If not I’ll get out as much as I can. I’ve been swinging the club indoors for the last couple weeks. Now we’re out here playing golf so hopefully, it stays warm,” explained Jonathan Melton.
Golfers had to use carts to allow some holes on the courses to dry out from the long winter.
- Rockford teens charged after police find loaded gun in car
- After disaster declaration, Ogle County officials say storm damage is like nothing they’ve ever seen
- Rockford house fire possibly caused by severe weather, officials say
- VP Pence tweets “America needs College Football”
- Auburn’s tennis team among the first high school teams to get in a practice