(WTVO) — Local golfers were able to hit the fairway for the first time in months on a windy yet sunshine-filled Sunday.
“Normally I golf two to three times a week, hopefully, this year I can get out the same. If not I’ll get out as much as I can. I’ve been swinging the club indoors for the last couple weeks. Now we’re out here playing golf so hopefully, it stays warm,” explained Jonathan Melton.
Golfers had to use carts to allow some holes on the courses to dry out from the long winter.
- Police arrest Rockford man wielding gun inside a home
- Man robbed, stabbed on W. State Street near Sav-A-Lot
- Man with multiple warrants arrested at Rockford police station with shotgun, cocaine
- Rockford man arrested on weapons charges after traffic stop
- Third stimulus checks: Will we get $1,400 payments in March?