ROCKFORD, Ill. (WTVO) — A lifelong Rockford resident took a big step in his religious journey on Saturday.
Father Jack Reichardt took the sacred rite of ordination at the Cathedral of St. Peter.
The 26-year-old attended Holy Family School and Boylan Central before studying theology in Rome while attending seminary. The Rite of Ordination is a Catholic tradition that transitions men into preisthood.
The ceremony has been practiced since the 1st century.
- Le-Win’s Arand, Winnebago’s Murphy express frustration over paused high school sports
- Web Extra: Full interview with Ric Arand on IHSA sports still being paused
- Saints’ Brees sees playoff clash with Brady’s Bucs as fate
- My Take: Picking the NFL’s Divisional Playoff games
- Cubs agree to terms on contracts with three players