MACHESNEY PARK, Ill. (WTVO) — A Machesney Park manufacturer is putting its money where its mouth is when it comes to calling this area “home.”
Hennig, Inc., a family-owned business, just made the biggest investment in the company’s history by paying $17 million to add 125,000 square feet to its facility, at 9900 N Alpine Road.
The company says this will be “state of the art” with a crane, able to lift nearly 300 tons, office space, a testing area, and outdoor storage.
Workers will make backup power generator systems.
The investment includes not only the building, but also new equipment such as lasers, welding machines, and powder coat paint systems.
Hennig’s customer focus is data centers, which need uninterrupted electricity for facilities that store electronic information.
“God forbid, if you ever would lose power, then what do you do with all that information?” wondered Hennig, Inc. President and CEO, Dietmar Goellner. “That information could be lost, and it would cause irreparable harm to our end customers.”
Hennig will run three shifts, so it needs to hire workers, maybe several dozen over the next couple of years.
The expansion project is expected to be completed by June.
- Gorgeous Rentals Ready For You At Siena Crossings
- Inspiration, The GDS House Quartet, Has A Fun Valentine Idea For You
- Welcome To Good Day Stateline 01/26/20
- Paroled killer arrested for failure to register with Freeport Police
- Kobe Bryant’s helicopter was previously owned by the State of Illinois