MACHESNEY PARK, Ill. (WTVO) — A Machesney Park manufacturer is putting its money where its mouth is when it comes to calling this area “home.”
Hennig, Inc., a family-owned business, just made the biggest investment in the company’s history by paying $17 million to add 125,000 square feet to its facility, at 9900 N Alpine Road.
The company says this will be “state of the art” with a crane, able to lift nearly 300 tons, office space, a testing area, and outdoor storage.
Workers will make backup power generator systems.
The investment includes not only the building, but also new equipment such as lasers, welding machines, and powder coat paint systems.
Hennig’s customer focus is data centers, which need uninterrupted electricity for facilities that store electronic information.
“God forbid, if you ever would lose power, then what do you do with all that information?” wondered Hennig, Inc. President and CEO, Dietmar Goellner. “That information could be lost, and it would cause irreparable harm to our end customers.”
Hennig will run three shifts, so it needs to hire workers, maybe several dozen over the next couple of years.
The expansion project is expected to be completed by June.
- Local police share ‘porch pirate’ prevention tips
- Disney honors Chadwick Boseman’s birthday with special ‘Black Panther’ opening
- America’s growing debt crisis sparks concerns for future generations
- Bears’ five-game losing streak weighing on Matt Nagy
- Hononegah’s King named to Big East Honor Roll at Marquette