ROCKFORD, Ill. (WTVO) — Rockford manufacturing companies went shopping for employees on Thursday, by hosting a job fair at Rock Valley College’s Stenstrom Center, at 4151 Samuelson Road.
The event is part of the college’s Workforce Equity Initiative, which helps students cover the cost of programs that teach skills needed to work in local industries, like CNC operation, cold forming, welding, and truck driving.
About a dozen businesses attended the job fair, with representatives on-hand to speak with students who have already gone through the program.
As trade workers are retiring, businesses say there aren’t enough skilled workers available to replace them.
- Allstate, American Family Insurance to payback combined $800 million in auto premiums to customers amid the COVID-19 outbreak
- Collin Delia named IceHogs’ AHL ‘Man of the Year”
- IceHogs sign the nation’s best D-III goaltender Tom Auburn
- Dean Lowry urges residents to remain at home
- ‘Harry Potter’ author JK Rowling says she’s recovered from coronavirus symptoms