OREGON, Ill. (WTVO) — The Ogle County Clerk’s office says they’re postponing a re-tabulation of votes for the 90th Representative District “until a later date.”
Clerk Laura Cook released an updated statement about the issue early Thursday morning, past 6 a.m.
The recounting process was originally scheduled to take place today. It isn’t clear why it needs to be postponed.
The county’s clerk office first reported a delay in tabulating votes on election day, after officials discovered that electronic tabulators did not read the ballots correctly.
- Belvidere man arrested after hiding in dumpster, allegedly stealing truck
- Senate Republicans hold out on debt ceiling as shutdown looms
- Collierville, TN Kroger shooting kills 2, including shooter, injures 12 more
- Missing ISU student Jelani Day identified after body discovered in Illinois River
- Kraft Heinz Company donates 11,454 meals to Northern Illinois Food Bank