It’s 7pm and polls across Illinois are officially closed.
The candidates now are waiting for how the people voted. Eyewitness News is Your Local Election Headquarters. Eyewitness News Anchor Christie Nicks is following Stateline republicans at Capri Restaurant in downtown Rockford. Eyewitness News Reporter Emily Waldron is at Presidential candidate Bernie Sanders’ Rockford campaign headquarters.
Be sure to follow them on Twitter: @CNicksFox39 and @EmilyShea92. They’ll be using #ILPrimary2016. We’ll also provides updates on the key races we’re following on Facebook.
Here’s a look at the races we’re spotlighting tonight:
- President of the United States
- U.S. Senate
- Winnebago County Coroner
- Winnebago County Board (Districts: 1, 4, 6, 12, 16)
- Boone County State’s Attorney
- Boone County Board (all districts)
- Lee County State’s Attorney
- Lee County Jail Sales Tax
- Rockford 1% Sales Tax
- Carroll County 1% School Sales Tax
- Dixon Park District Consolidation
- Stateline Mass Transit District (Roscoe Township)