HOLLYWOOD, Calif. (WTVO) — After buying the company last year, Disney has decided to drop the “Fox” from 20th Century Fox, and will re-name the iconic movie studio.
According to Variety, the studio will become 20th Century Studios, and its independent film label, Fox Searchlight Pictures, will become Searchlight Pictures.
Variety says no decisions have been made about renaming 20th Century Fox Television as of yet.
The upcoming adaptation of Jack London’s “Call of the Wild”, starring Harrison Ford, will be the first film to be released under the 20th Century Studios banner.
Disney acquired 20th Century Fox for $71.3 billion last March, in a deal which did not include the Fox broadcast network or Fox News.
Rupert Murdoch’s News Corp. bought the studio in the mid-1980’s, during which time he created the Fox TV network, Fox News and Fox Sports.
- Jefferson cruises past Auburn Friday night
- Boylan defeats Guilford, clinches NIC-10 championship outright
- East beats Freeport in final home game
- Hononegah bounces back in win over Belvidere
- Aquin pulls off a mild upset over Lena-Winslow