(CNN) — The buyer of Olivia Newton-John’s prized jacket from the 1978 musical “Grease” bought it last month for $243,200 at a charity auction.
But instead of keeping it for bragging rights. He had another idea.
The anonymous billionaire said the actress is the “rightful owner” and that it doesn’t deserve to just sit in his closet so he gave it back to her.
Newton-John auctioned off several of her items to raise money for the Olivia Newton-John cancer wellness and research center in Australia.
Newton herself is battling cancer for the third time since 1992.
She said getting the jacket back was the “sweetest thing.” Julien’s Auctions shared video of the exchange to Facebook on Tuesday.
- Protestors, police clash again at Rockford City Market
- Man taken to hospital after motorcycle crash in Rockford
- One person shot at Rockford bar
- Winnebago Co. school administrators address back to school plans
- Overwhelming response to boy’s search for a family, ‘I hope one of y’all pick me’
Copyright © 2020 CNN Newsource. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.