LOS ANGELES (AP/CNN) — Actor Danny Trejo played a real-life hero when he helped rescue a baby trapped in an overturned car after a collision at a Los Angeles intersection.
Authorities say two cars crashed Wednesday in the Sylmar neighborhood.
Video aired by KABC-TV shows Trejo at the crash scene. Trejo says he crawled into the wrecked vehicle from one side but couldn’t unbuckle the child’s car seat from that angle. He says another bystander, a young woman, was able to undo the buckle.
Together they pulled the baby safely from the wreckage.
The Los Angeles Fire Department says three people were taken to a hospital, and there were no life-threatening injuries.
The 75-year-old Trejo, an L.A. native, is best known for playing the character “Machete.”
- Rockford fire battles blaze at vacant hotel
- Boylan returns some big-time talent to challenge again for a NIC-10 title
- Social media threats continue to grow in the aftermath of mass shootings
- Senior Follies Musical Revue prove that age is just a number
- Washington Gov. Jay Inslee says he’s ending presidential bid
Copyright © 2019 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.