LOS ANGELES (AP/CNN) — Actor Danny Trejo played a real-life hero when he helped rescue a baby trapped in an overturned car after a collision at a Los Angeles intersection.
Authorities say two cars crashed Wednesday in the Sylmar neighborhood.
Video aired by KABC-TV shows Trejo at the crash scene. Trejo says he crawled into the wrecked vehicle from one side but couldn’t unbuckle the child’s car seat from that angle. He says another bystander, a young woman, was able to undo the buckle.
Together they pulled the baby safely from the wreckage.
The Los Angeles Fire Department says three people were taken to a hospital, and there were no life-threatening injuries.
The 75-year-old Trejo, an L.A. native, is best known for playing the character “Machete.”
- Rockford man and his dog escape Salem Street house fire
- The silent heroes: Sign language interpreters keep deaf community informed on COVID-19
- Restaurants preparing to re-open for outdoor customers
- Twitter adds fact-check warnings to Trump tweets
- Severe Storms Produce Wind Damage Across Northwest Illinois Tuesday Evening
Copyright © 2020 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.