(WTVO) — Bill Murray finds himself repeating “Groundhog Day” once more in a new Super Bowl commercial for Jeep, partially filmed last weekend in Woodstock.
Woodstock substituted for Punxsutawney, Pennsylvania in the 1993 comedy classic.
In the new spot, Murray’s weatherman Phil Connors awakens in the B&B with Sonny and Cher on the radio, runs into Ned Ryerson (Stephen Tobolowsky), kidnaps the groundhog from the mayor (Brian Doyle-Murray), and runs off in a new Jeep Rubicon.
The spot will run during this year’s Super Bowl LIV.
- ‘I feel fantastic’: Arnold Schwarzenegger undergoes heart surgery at Cleveland Clinic
- Illinois health director fights back tears during COVID death totals, urges people to battle ‘pandemic fatigue’
- Some Winnebago County absentee ballots rejected due to voter mistakes
- Sinnissippi Park gets spooky with 2nd annual ‘Festival of Frights’
- Loves Park officials seek input on N. 2nd Street improvements