NEW YORK, N.Y. (WTVO) — New York’s Broadway theater district will go dark amid fears of coronavirus transmission. The closure is effective as of 5 p.m. on March 12th.
The performing arts venues will remain closed until April 13th.
According to Playbill, Governor Andrew Cuomo ordered the closure in a press conference, ordering that no gatherings of more than 500 people be allowed, except for schools, hospitals, mass transit, and nursing homes.
Ticketholders can obtain refunds or exchanges for their purchases.
- ‘I feel fantastic’: Arnold Schwarzenegger undergoes heart surgery at Cleveland Clinic
- Illinois health director fights back tears during COVID death totals, urges people to battle ‘pandemic fatigue’
- Some Winnebago County absentee ballots rejected due to voter mistakes
- Sinnissippi Park gets spooky with 2nd annual ‘Festival of Frights’
- Loves Park officials seek input on N. 2nd Street improvements