NEW YORK, N.Y. (WTVO) — New York’s Broadway theater district will go dark amid fears of coronavirus transmission. The closure is effective as of 5 p.m. on March 12th.
The performing arts venues will remain closed until April 13th.
According to Playbill, Governor Andrew Cuomo ordered the closure in a press conference, ordering that no gatherings of more than 500 people be allowed, except for schools, hospitals, mass transit, and nursing homes.
Ticketholders can obtain refunds or exchanges for their purchases.
- Mr. Potato Head drops the mister, kind of
- Newsfeed Now: Renewed push in Congress for LGBTQ civil rights protections; Potato Head maker says it’s keeping ‘Mr.’ and ‘Mrs.’
- Prince Harry raps ‘Fresh Prince,’ says he didn’t walk away in first interview since being stripped of royal duties
- Cat that vanished 15 years ago reunited with her owner
- You may have to a wear mask longer than anticipated even with COVID-19 vaccines