NASHVILLE, Tenn. (AP) — Country music firebrand Charlie Daniels has died of a stroke at 83; had hit with `Devil Went Down to Georgia’.
The Country Music Hall of Fame and Grand Ole Opry member died Monday morning at Summit Medical Center in Hermitage, Tennessee.
Doctors determined the cause of death was a hemorrhagic stroke. He was 83.
Funeral arrangements will be announced in the coming days.
- Rockford area basketball scores for Thursday, February 25
- Miller removes anarchist militia decal from pickup truck, claims ignorance
- E-Rabs keep rolling, defeat Boylan for fifth straight win
- Hononegah out of quarantine flourishes at Auburn
- No buzzer-beater required this time, Amboy girls roll against Eastland