(WTVO) — Adam Schlesinger, 52, died Wednesday from complications to COVID-19, Rolling Stone reports.
Schlesinger was a co-founder of the group Fountains of Wayne, and was an Emmy and Grammy winning songwriter for film, television and theater.
Fountains of Wayne released five albums between 1996 and 2011, and wrote “That Thing You Do,” the title track from the Tom Hanks film That Thing You Do! The song was nominated for an Oscar.
Fountains of Wayne had a career-defining hist with “Stacy’s Mom.”
Schlesinger also wrote songs for the movie version of Josie and the Pussycats, and Stephen Colbert’s Colbert Report holiday special in 2008. He also co-wrote the score for the 2008 Broadway musical Cry-Baby, based on the John Waters film.
- Le-Win’s Arand, Winnebago’s Murphy express frustration over paused high school sports
- Web Extra: Full interview with Ric Arand on IHSA sports still being paused
- Saints’ Brees sees playoff clash with Brady’s Bucs as fate
- My Take: Picking the NFL’s Divisional Playoff games
- Cubs agree to terms on contracts with three players