UPDATE: The “Marvel: Universe of Superheroes” exhibit at the Museum of Science and Industry opening date has been pushed back to March 4th, 2021.
CHICAGO, Ill. (WTVO) — The Museum of Science and Industry will open a new exhibit this year called “Marvel: Universe of Superheroes,” which will include over 300 pieces of memorabilia from Marvel movies and comic books.
According to the Chicago Tribune, the traveling exhibit will begin on March 4th, 2021 (revised date). Guests will find statues of characters like Spider-Man, The Thing, and Black Panther, along with costumes from the movie versions of Captain America, Doctor Strange and Thor.
There will also be tributes to Marvel creators Stan Lee, Jack Kirby and Steve Ditko, along with comic book art released over the past 80 years.
The Museum of Science and Industry plans to attend this weekend’s C2E2 comic book convention to promote the exhibit.
- UK approves emergency use for Pfizer vaccine
- Local stores busy fulfilling online orders after holiday shopping weekend
- ISP trooper says still room for improvement following ‘Scott’s Law’
- J Hanley sworn in as Winnebago County State’s Attorney
- Popular Netflix series boosts interest and chessboard sales