MEMPHIS, TN (FOX NEWS) – Rock and roll fans around the world remember the life of a music legend.
Friday marks 42 years since Elvis Presley died on August 16th, 1977.
The king of rock and roll suffered a heart attack at age 42 after battling prescription drug abuse.
Every year, thousands of admirers flock to the singer’s former home in Memphis, Tennessee for Elvis week.
The annual event includes a candlelight vigil held in the vast gardens of Graceland.
All in celebration of Presley’s life and career as one of the most significant icons of the 20th century.
- UK approves emergency use for Pfizer vaccine
- Local stores busy fulfilling online orders after holiday shopping weekend
- ISP trooper says still room for improvement following ‘Scott’s Law’
- J Hanley sworn in as Winnebago County State’s Attorney
- Popular Netflix series boosts interest and chessboard sales