PHOENIX, Ariz. (WTVO) — A 2-year-old terrier mix shelter dog got a lucky break when Hollywood came calling: he’s be starring in a live-action remake of Disney’s “Lady and the Tramp.”
According to KTVK, “Monte” was rescued from the Animal Services Center of the Mesilla Valley in Las Cruces, New Mexico by HALO Animal Rescue in April 2018.
Hollywood animal trainers came scouting for rescue dogs to cast in the movie, and settled on Monte due to his outgoing nature.
He was adopted by the trainers and will premiere in “Lady and the Tramp” on November 12th on the new Disney+ streaming service.
Monte will be “voiced” by actor Justin Theroux.
- Rockford boxing club founder Goodman dies
- Durkin break’s Coole’s record, but Auburn wins swim meet
- Bears sign former Notre Dame star Te’o
- Heavy rain and thunderstorms return late Wednesday night
- Pink’s husband shares why he’s teaching his 3- and 9-year-old children to handle firearms