(WTVO) — After 28 seasons, Tom Bergeron will not be returning to host ABC’s Dancing with the Stars. Studio representatives also announced that Erin Andrews will also be departing from the show.
On Monday, Bergeron shared the news to his fans on Twitter.
The show also released a statement on the changes:
“Tom Bergeron will forever be part of the Dancing with the Stars family. As we embark on a new creative direction, he departs the show with our sincerest thanks and gratitude for his trademark wit and charm that helped make this show a success. Erin will also not be returning, and we appreciate all that she brought to the ballroom. Fans have been rooting for her since she originally competed as a contestant back in 2010, and her signature sense of humor has become a hallmark of the show.”Joint statement from ABC and BBC Studios
Bergeron has co-hosted all 28 seasons of the dance competition show since 2005, appearing in nearly 450 episodes over the 15-year span.
- One man dead, one in critical condition after overnight crash in Beloit
- GOP senator to introduce bill reimbursing parents $800 for remote learning expenses
- CDC issues Halloween 2020 guidelines, color-coded coronavirus risk map
- Can a Supreme Court vacancy be filled during election year?
- ‘Glory Days’: East 1974 State Champions