(CNN) — Talk about getting into character!
Actor Tom Hanks just found out Sunday that he’s related to Fred Rogers, the man who played Mister Rogers on the children’s TV show.
The two are sixth cousins, ancestry.com discovered.
And Hanks is playing Mister Rogers in the upcoming film “A Beautiful Day in the Neighborhood.”
Hanks says he didn’t know they were related when he took the role.
The actors share a fifth great grandfather who immigrated from Germany to America in the 18th Century.
“It’s a Beautiful Day in the Neighborhood,” premiers November 22nd.
- Protestors, police clash again at Rockford City Market
- Man taken to hospital after motorcycle crash in Rockford
- One person shot at Rockford bar
- Winnebago Co. school administrators address back to school plans
- Overwhelming response to boy’s search for a family, ‘I hope one of y’all pick me’
Copyright © 2020 CNN Newsource. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.