(CNN) — Talk about getting into character!
Actor Tom Hanks just found out Sunday that he’s related to Fred Rogers, the man who played Mister Rogers on the children’s TV show.
The two are sixth cousins, ancestry.com discovered.
And Hanks is playing Mister Rogers in the upcoming film “A Beautiful Day in the Neighborhood.”
Hanks says he didn’t know they were related when he took the role.
The actors share a fifth great grandfather who immigrated from Germany to America in the 18th Century.
“It’s a Beautiful Day in the Neighborhood,” premiers November 22nd.
- Quenneville Strikes Twice as Hogs Sweep Season Series Against Marlies
- Light Snow Expected Sunday Night, Heaviest Remains South
- Jones scores twice, Packers complete season sweep of Bears
- Forward Hakkarainen Reassigned To Rockford
- John Travolta and Olivia Newton-John reunite as characters from ‘Grease’
Copyright © 2019 CNN Newsource. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.