ROCKFORD, Ill. (WTVO/WFLA) — Illinois residents are among the least defiant citizens in the United States when it comes to wearing face coverings to slow the spread of COVID-19, a new study found.
Survival at Home, a website dedicated to survival and disaster preparedness, used geotagging data on Twitter to track several mask-related hashtags over the last 30 days. The hashtags, tracked in each state, included #nomask, #burnyourmask, #nomasks, #antimask and #iwillnotcomply. More than 150,000 tweets were analyzed.
Arizona, Nevada, Florida, Idaho and Maine had the most anti-mask activity online, according to the study.
- Stimulus check update: Trump, McConnell huddle as COVID aid talks at risk of collapse
- President Trump signs executive orders to ban TikTok, WeChat in 45 days
- Freeport city leads open their ears to residents on ways to improve relationships with the community
- Rockford man charged with Attempted Murder after roommate dispute turns violent
- Fans won’t be allowed at the Packers first two home games