ROCKFORD, Ill. (WTVO/WFLA) — Illinois residents are among the least defiant citizens in the United States when it comes to wearing face coverings to slow the spread of COVID-19, a new study found.
Survival at Home, a website dedicated to survival and disaster preparedness, used geotagging data on Twitter to track several mask-related hashtags over the last 30 days. The hashtags, tracked in each state, included #nomask, #burnyourmask, #nomasks, #antimask and #iwillnotcomply. More than 150,000 tweets were analyzed.
Arizona, Nevada, Florida, Idaho and Maine had the most anti-mask activity online, according to the study.
- Destination Illinois: Peoria Riverfront Museum
- Cooler Temps Stick Around Today, Warm Up Begins Friday
- Noah’s Ark Waterpark closes for remainder of 2020 season due to COVID-19
- Los Angeles mayor OKs shutting off water, power to combat house parties and other gatherings
- Report: Twitter bans Trump campaign from tweeting over COVID misinformation