SPRINGFIELD, Ill. (WGN) – Illinois health officials reported 4,245 new cases of coronavirus Sunday and 22 additional deaths.
There are now a total of 344,048 cases since the pandemic began and 9,214 total deaths.
The preliminary seven-day positivity rate from Oct. 11 through Oct. 17 is 5.3%.
Within the past 24 hours, labs across the state reported 79,296 tests, for a total of 6,775,553.
As of Saturday night, 2,012 people in Illinois were in the hospital with COVID-19. Of those, 408 were in the ICU and 157 were on ventilators.
Saturday, 3,629 new cases were reported with a positivity rate of 5.2%.
- VIDEO: Texas man sprays woman with water during Black Lives Matter argument with neighbor
- Man arrested in Oregon sentenced to 60 months in prison for re-entering US after being deported
- Illinois reports highest single-day record with 4,942 new COVID-19 cases Thursday
- Illinois starts planning for COVID-19 vaccine as cases surge
- The final Biden-Trump presidential debate: What to know, how to watch