(WTVO) — On Saturday, the Illinois Department of Public Health announced 786 new confirmed cases of COVID-19 and 26 fatalities in the past 24 hours.
Officials say 30,237 tests were performed, bringing the total to over 1.5 million tests distributed since the pandemic began. Illinois now has a total of 141,077 cases of the virus. A total of 6,873 Illinoisans have lost their lives.
The statewide recovery rate stands at 94%.
For more details on Illinois’ COVID-19 statistics, click here.
- Rivets held to one hit on an opening night loss to the La Crosse Loggers
- Health officials hope people are thoughtful about virus risks ahead of July 4th weekend
- Tips for AC units that could save you big time
- Frequent bus passenger buys ice cream for RMTD workers
- Rockford Art Museum to re-open on Monday