TAMPA, Fla. (WFLA) – Police in Texas are investigating a teenager’s claims that she has coronavirus and plans to infect others. They’re also working to find her.
According to Carrollton police, the 18-year-old, later identified as Lorraine Maradiaga, went on social media and said she tested positive for COVID-19 and is “willfully spreading it.”
Police will charge Maradiaga with making a terroristic threat.
“We have no confirmation Maradiaga is actually a threat to public health. We are, however, taking her social media actions very seriously,” police said on Twitter.
Authorities are asking anyone with information regarding her whereabouts to contact (972) 466-3333 or CrimeTips@CityofCarrollton.com.
- Animals killed in barn fire in McHenry County
- Cloud Cover Lingers into Thanksgiving, More Sunshine Ahead For Friday
- One killed, one injured in Thanksgiving morning shooting in Rockford
- Michael Jordan donates $2M from ‘The Last Dance’ proceeds to Feeding America
- Trooper buys car seat for woman’s son after giving her 3 tickets