(WWTI) – February 22 is the day the margarita is honored across the country. The founder of National Margarita Day is Todd McCalla, who established the day to spread his love for margaritas around the world.
According to NationalMargaritaDay.com, the exact individual responsible for inventing the classic margarita is unknown, although it was during the 1930s or 1940s that it was created.
Frozen margaritas were invented in the 1970s when an inventive bartender converted a soft serve ice cream unit into a frozen margarita machine. Whether you prefer a classic margarita on the rocks or frozen, it is the most common tequila based cocktail in the United States today.
Although the classic margarita is very popular, the drink is made in other varieties including strawberry, mango, watermelon, raspberry, pomegranate, blackberry and more.
Happy National Margarita Day!
- Gabby Petito: NewsNation Special Report
- Idaho hunter finds remains of another hunter who went missing 53 years ago
- Inflation adjustments will mean higher deductions for 2021 tax year: What to know
- Newsfeed Now: Divers join search of Brian Laundrie in Gabby Petito case; Police department sued for misconduct by group led by Jay-Z
- Big Game Bound: Key showdown between Bucs and Rams highlights Week 3 NFL slate