(WWTI) – February 22 is the day the margarita is honored across the country. The founder of National Margarita Day is Todd McCalla, who established the day to spread his love for margaritas around the world.
According to NationalMargaritaDay.com, the exact individual responsible for inventing the classic margarita is unknown, although it was during the 1930s or 1940s that it was created.
Frozen margaritas were invented in the 1970s when an inventive bartender converted a soft serve ice cream unit into a frozen margarita machine. Whether you prefer a classic margarita on the rocks or frozen, it is the most common tequila based cocktail in the United States today.
Although the classic margarita is very popular, the drink is made in other varieties including strawberry, mango, watermelon, raspberry, pomegranate, blackberry and more.
Happy National Margarita Day!
- Eight panelists square off in The Great Graduated Income Tax Debate
- Rodgers throws 4 TDs as Packers beat Texans 35-20
- Light snow likely late Sunday night/early Monday morning
- Robinson excels despite Jaguars 39-29 loss to Chargers
- California family holds vigil for 12-year-old killed in motorcycle collision