Watch as Chef Guy DeSerio of the Illinois Machine Shed in Rockford teaches you how to make the pulled pork salad with peaches and cream cilantro.
PULLED PORK SALAD WITH PEACHES AND CREAM CILANTRO
· 8 oz. cooked pulled pork (warm or room temperature)
· 3 Tbs. rice vinegar
· 1½ Tbs. canola oil, or other neutral-flavored oil
· 2 Tbs. brown sugar, light
· 1 tsp. ground ginger
· 1⁄8 tsp. ground allspice
· Salt and pepper
· 5 oz. mixed salad greens (10 cups lightly packed)
· 1 large peach, pitted and thinly sliced
· ½ cup red onion, halved and thinly sliced
· ½ cup fresh cilantro, coarsely chopped
· 2 Tbs. almonds, sliced and toasted
1. In a small bowl, whisk together the vinegar, oil, brown sugar, ginger, and allspice. Season with salt and pepper and set aside.
2. In a large mixing bowl, combine the greens, peach, onion, and cilantro. Add some of the dressing and toss. Arrange the salad on a platter or plates and top with the pork. Drizzle some of the remaining dressing over the pork, top with the almonds, and serve.