All of us like to eat, right? Apple pie, bacon, hot dogs, cake? They are some of our favorites to eat.
Well, in certain proportions. Eating too much, or in some cases way too much, is not preferable to many people.
Notice the word many.
There are some people who actually get enjoyment and excitement from eating extremely high amounts of food. Some of those people are their respective records are included below:
1. Joey “Jaws” Chestnut consumed 13 pounds of apple pie in 8 minutes back on September 13, 2013. This amounts to just over four pies.
2. 182 strips of bacon were eaten in 5 minutes by Matt “The Megatoad” Stonie on February 22, 2015.
3. Matt “The Megatoad” Stonie also consumed 14.5 pounds of birthday cake in a whopping 8 minutes just a week before his bacon record above.
4. Remember that good ole lunch meat, bologna? How about eating 2.76 pounds of it in just six minutes? Well, Don Lerman did just that in May of 2006.
5. Another name appearing on this list again is Joey Chestnut, who devoured 14.5 pounds of burritos in just 10 minutes in May of this year.
6. Patrick Bertoletti ate 72 cupcakes in 6 minutes on April 14, 2012. That is a lot of confetti.
7. Now it’s time for some golden, crunchy french fires. How about 7.9 pounds in 10 minutes? That’s what Bob Shoudt did in 2010.
8. One contest that many of us are familiar with is hot dog eating. For the third time, Joey Chestnut appears on the list. This time for eating 73.5 hot dogs in 10 minutes.
9. One food that you either love or hate is Kimchi. Miki Sudo at 8.5 pounds of the stuff in just 6 minutes!
10. Red Lobster, anyone? 44 Main Lobsters were eaten in 12 minutes by Sonya “The Black Widow” Thomas for a record. She also holds several other records.
11. We admit, this one is a bit disgusting. Oleg Zhornitskiy once consumed 128 ounces of mayonnaise in just 8 minutes. That’s a lot of fat!
12. Another food that some despite, and some love. Peeps. Matt Stonie is once again on the list for eating 200 Peeps in just 5 minutes! A trip to the dentist is in order!
13. And for the fourth time, Joey Chestnut makes the list. This time for eating 121 of our grade school favorite desserts: Twinkies. This was done in just 6 minutes!