ROCKFORD, Ill. (WTVO) — Rockford Police say a 15-year-old girl was shot Saturday on Auburn Street by a suspect in a passing car.
Police say they were tipped to the incident, at 7:45 p.m in the 4200 block of Auburn Street, by the ShotSpotter gunshot detection system.
Police say the girl was grazed in the leg and refused medical treatment.
A light colored car was identified as the suspect vehicle.
Anyone with information is asked to contact Rockford Police at 815-966-2900 or leave an anonymous tip with Rockford Area Crime Stoppers at 815-963-7867.
- Local entrepreneurs get a chance to show off their ideas during Startup Weekend
- Blackhawks Reassign Sikura
- Lambeau’s very own tailgating hype band
- A look inside the Lost and Found at Lambeau Field
- Inmate kills convicted child molester, officials say