ROCKFORD, Ill. (WTVO) — Rockford Police say a 15-year-old girl was shot Saturday on Auburn Street by a suspect in a passing car.
Police say they were tipped to the incident, at 7:45 p.m in the 4200 block of Auburn Street, by the ShotSpotter gunshot detection system.
Police say the girl was grazed in the leg and refused medical treatment.
A light colored car was identified as the suspect vehicle.
Anyone with information is asked to contact Rockford Police at 815-966-2900 or leave an anonymous tip with Rockford Area Crime Stoppers at 815-963-7867.
- Washington man stuck in woods for 3 days saved by his dog
- Sisters separated by orphanages, foster homes are reunited after 46 years
- Second stimulus checks: Why another $1,200 payment could be off the table
- Illinois surpasses 200k cases of COVID-19, 24 additional deaths announced on Thursday
- Welsh Elementary Golden Apple winner says award is helping her become a better teacher