ROCKFORD, Ill. (WTVO) — Rockford Police say they recovered a loaded handgun and a BB gun from a 15-year-old gang member last Wednesday, August 14th, after he reportedly showed the gun in public.
Police were called to area of Birch Court and 15th Avenue around 6 p.m. for a “subject displaying a firearm.” Officers were able to locate the teen in the 400 block of 15th Avenue based on a description of the suspect.
Police say they were able to take him into custody without incident.
The juvenile was charged with Aggravated Unlawful Use of a Weapon, Unlawful Possession of a Firearm by a Gang Member, and No FOID card.
He was taken to Rockford’s Juvenile Detention Center.
- Quenneville Strikes Twice as Hogs Sweep Season Series Against Marlies
- Light Snow Expected Sunday Night, Heaviest Remains South
- Jones scores twice, Packers complete season sweep of Bears
- Forward Hakkarainen Reassigned To Rockford
- John Travolta and Olivia Newton-John reunite as characters from ‘Grease’