ROCKFORD, Ill. (WTVO) — Rockford Police say they recovered a loaded handgun and a BB gun from a 15-year-old gang member last Wednesday, August 14th, after he reportedly showed the gun in public.
Police were called to area of Birch Court and 15th Avenue around 6 p.m. for a “subject displaying a firearm.” Officers were able to locate the teen in the 400 block of 15th Avenue based on a description of the suspect.
Police say they were able to take him into custody without incident.
The juvenile was charged with Aggravated Unlawful Use of a Weapon, Unlawful Possession of a Firearm by a Gang Member, and No FOID card.
He was taken to Rockford’s Juvenile Detention Center.
- US soldier charged with planning to bomb American news network, attack Antifa
- Police corner spotted cows at home of Spotted Cow beer
- Rockford man arrested for home invasion, beating woman
- 19-year-old charged with handgun possession after running from police
- Suspect chases down, fires shots at teens after they throw soda on his car