ROCKFORD, Ill. (WTVO) –Rockford Police responded to the Fas Fuel on S. Bell School Road on Thursday for a report of a suspect shooting at a vehicle in the parking lot. After officers viewed surveillance footage, police say they were able to locate the suspect inside a room at the nearby Red Roof Inn.
The Winnebago County State’s Attorney Office authorized the charges.
A 17-year-old Juvenile male is charged with aggravated discharged of a firearm, no valid FOID card, and unlawful possession of a firearm by a person under 21.
The suspect is currently being held in the Winnebago County Juvenile Detention Center.
The juvenile’s name and photo will not be released due to his age.
- Mild Weekend, Cool Week, Dry All Around
- ‘Small Business Saturday’ even more important in times of COVID-19
- New Santa Clara County COVID health order leaves 49ers without home
- Local store creates custom candle for Rockford City Market, will donate proceeds
- Rockford ‘Stroll on State’ starts with a bang