ROCKFORD, Ill. (WTVO) – Rockford Police announced charges on Saturday against Bartholomew Powell, 18, after gunshots were fired in a Rockford neighborhood.
On Friday evening around 6:00 p.m., Rockford Police Department officers responded to the area of 17th Street and 18th Avenue for a report of shots fired
When officers got to the scene, they found shell casings and learned that the shots were being fired from a red vehicle.
A vehicle with a matching description was identified and later stopped by officers. Police say they recovered a handgun inside the vehicle.
Bartholomew Powell was charged with Aggravated Unlawful Use of a Weapon/Reckless Discharge
Powell is currently lodged in the Winnebago County Jail.
- Republicans, Democrats disagree on how to address police reforms
- NASCAR team to pay tribute for former Loves Park man
- Stillman Valley coach Lalor reacts to ‘Return to Play’ decision/guidelines
- Facebook removes nearly 200 accounts tied to hate groups
- Illinois Legislative Black Caucus in Rockford, urge peaceful protests