FREEPORT, Ill. (WTVO) — Freeport Police’s Gang Unit says they arrested 18-year-old Ray Adams on narcotic charges on Tuesday.
Police say a Gang Unit Officer recognized Adams in his car, and then attempted to stop him in the area of Miami Avenue and Pleasant Street. Adams had an active Stephenson County warrant for failure to appear in court, according to authorities.
Instead of stopping, Adams allegedly fled at a high rate of speed, coming to a stop in the 700 block of E. Iroquois Street, where he threw a digital scale and ran into his house, and locked the door.
Police were ultimately able to get Adams to surrender.
Officers say they found 2 bags of cannabis in Adams’ car, and 3 bags in his bedroom, totalling 47.9 grams. Police also say they found 2 pills of hydrocodone, for which Adams did not have a prescription.
He was charged with Unlawful Possession with Intent to Deliver Cannabis, Unlawful Possession of a Controlled Substance, Resisting a Police Officer, and Fleeing to Elude a Police Officer.
He was taken to the Stephenson County Jail.
- GOP senator to introduce bill reimbursing parents $800 for remote learning expenses
- CDC issues Halloween 2020 guidelines, color-coded coronavirus risk map
- Can a Supreme Court vacancy be filled during election year?
- ‘Glory Days’: East 1974 State Champions
- ‘Overtime’ spotlight: Boylan swimmer Nhia Caras