ROCKFORD, Ill. (WTVO) — 19-year-old Ray Cherry was indicted by a Winnebago County Grand Jury on Wednesday for allegedly breaking both legs and left arm of a young child.
On May 15th, Rockford Police were called to a local hospital for a child abuse investigation.
The child was suffering multiple fractures to both legs and left arm, police say.
Cherry was charged with the crime of Aggravated Battery to a Child.
He faces up to 30 years in prison if convicted.
Cherry is scheduled to appear in court on September 19th.
- Bills fans donate to Lamar Jackson’s favorite charity following QB’s injury
- Bills advance to AFC championship with 17-3 win over Ravens
- Rodgers, Packers beat Rams 32-18 to reach NFC title game
- Rockford Housing Authority temporarily closes offices after employee tests positive
- Rodgers leads Packers into title game with 32-18 win vs Rams