ROCKFORD, Ill. (WTVO) — 19-year-old Ray Cherry was indicted by a Winnebago County Grand Jury on Wednesday for allegedly breaking both legs and left arm of a young child.
On May 15th, Rockford Police were called to a local hospital for a child abuse investigation.
The child was suffering multiple fractures to both legs and left arm, police say.
Cherry was charged with the crime of Aggravated Battery to a Child.
He faces up to 30 years in prison if convicted.
Cherry is scheduled to appear in court on September 19th.
- Costco to ban non-members from food court
- Inmate dubbed the ‘Starved Rock Killer’ freed after 59 years
- New mother rushes into fire, saves driver from tanker explosion in Indianapolis
- Wisconsin nurse sentenced to 13 years in prison for abusing nine infants, leaving them with broken ribs, legs
- Rockford man charged with string of recent retail thefts